The following Privacy Notice describes the manner and circumstances under which Licensing Executives Society Malaysia (“LESM“) processes data regarding its members, attendees of LES events and users of the LESM website.
LESM has created this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice“) in order to inform you as a data subject, of the circumstances under which we collect information and data from you. This Privacy Notice also serves to inform you about the circumstances under which we will release information about you to third parties.
Information we may collect from you
You may give us information about you by filling in our membership and renewal forms, by registering or attending our events or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, identification card number, passport number, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, mobile number, employment details, marital status, gender, nationality, personal interests, skills, languages, education or other related qualifications and all other related information necessary and incidental to our organization (“Personal Data“).
It is not obligatory for you to provide us with all the Personal Data that we request for. However, certain Personal Data may be required to enable us to respond to your application or request and your failure to supply the required Personal Data may result in our inability to respond accordingly. For example, your membership application or registration for an event may be rejected.
Use of information collected
We use information held about you for any of the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership or attendance at an LES event;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information on seminars, conferences and other events held by LES societies and other organizations.
- to notify you about changes to LESM or any LES societies;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- exercising or performing any right or obligation which is conferred or imposed by law on our organization in connection with employment;
- for pursuing the legitimate interests of the organization including processing which is necessary and incidental to the carrying out of the conduct of the business of the organization and providing our services;
- for understanding and meeting our members’ needs and updating our records about our members;
- for maintaining and securing our offices;
- for carrying out surveys, research and analysis to enhance our services;
- for promoting and marketing our services;
- for handling queries and complaints;
- for complying with laws and regulations including requirements of any government or quasi-government or regulatory authorities or court of law; and
- for all other purposes necessary or incidental to our business and all purposes necessary for or related to any of the above purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to our members and staff on a need-to-know basis, service providers, professional advisers, regulatory authorities, LES member societies and any of their respective agents, servants and/or such persons, whether located within or outside Malaysia for the Purpose, if required, subject at all times to applicable laws.
Accessing and updating your Personal Data
Subject to payment of a fee, you have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data which is held by us, by sending a written request to:
Designation : Secretary
Address : Level 21, Suite 21.01, The Gardens South Tower, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Telephone No. : +(603) 2298 7888
Email : email@example.com
You may submit any inquiries or complaints in the same manner.
Updates and changes to this Privacy Notice
LESM reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this Privacy Notice, simply by posting such change, update or modification on the website. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the website